Effective Date: February 4, 2017
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for Coleman Life Coaching and my website; http://www.colemanlifecoaching.com. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website, except where stated otherwise. It will notify you of the following:
- Confidentiality in Life Coaching
- What information I collect;
- With whom it is shared;
- How it can be corrected;
- How it is secured;
- How to address concerns over misuse of personal data
I believe in the ethical standards of my profession. A copy of the ethical guidelines for Board Certified Coaches (BCC) can be obtained from the Center for Credentialing and Education, which is the organization that credentials Board Certified Coaches.
Within the realities of the digital age, I will treat any requests for information from me with care. I will mail you the material you request. Your name, address and any other personal information will remain private, and will not be released by me to anyone else. I will delete any email you send me after the exchange is complete. Any notes I might take, forms you fill out, and any other written material exchanged between you and I will be kept in an encrypted file in a locked box that is not connected to the Internet.
Coaching is not a legally protected and confidential profession. I value your dignity and will do my best to provide you with the confidential assistance you deserve with three exceptions:
- If a court orders disclosure of information regarding our sessions, I can be required to produce my notes and other records in that legal proceeding.
- If I believe you are an imminent danger to yourself or others, I may need to report this to the appropriate authorities.
- I am required by Tennessee Ann. Code §§ 37-1-403; 37-1-605 to report any knowledge I have that a child has been harmed by abuse or neglect must report.
- It is impossible to protect the confidentiality of information that is transmitted electronically. This is particularly true of e-mail and information stored on computers that are connected to the internet, which do not utilize encryption and other forms of security protection.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
I, Laura Bradford Coleman, Ph.D., am the sole owner of the information collected on this site. I only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give me via email or direct contact from you.
I will use your information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted me. I will not contact you for any reason other than requests by you for information about any services I might eventually or currently be providing to you. I will never willfully sell, trade, rent, or otherwise transmit for consideration, any personally identifiable information about you to any third-party without first receiving your permission.
Statistical data that is not personally identifiable is collected by my website to tell me which writings are most appreciated by you, the readers. This date includes the name of which writings are being read, some very incomplete data about which site or search engine sent to you to my site, what country you are from, and sometimes it tells me the search terms used to find your way to my writings.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from me at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting me via the email (email@example.com) or by telephone (615) 464-3791. You can:
- See what data I have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data I have about you.
- Have me delete any data I have about you except for coaching notes which I am required by ethical standards to confidentially keep for 5 years from the end of our coaching relationship.
- Express any concern you have about my use of your data
There is no registration required to read my writings. There is a process for life coaching. If you request life or relationship coaching from me, I will send you a coaching agreement form and a client information form.
I take precautions to protect your information. Public comments on my writing are public and viewable by others. I do have a non-aggression and trolling policy for any discussion that takes place via the comments section of my writings. I monitor and approve any comments left. If you request, I will delete your comments at any time. If you choose to follow my writing on my WordPress.com hosted website, your name and any identifying information is not publicly identifiable.
Secure payments are made through PayPal which is encrypted. I do not have access to your credit card data. If requested, I’ll send you an invoice. After your payment, I will delete this information from my email account.
WordPress uses “cookies” on all hosted sites. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help improve your access to my site and identify repeat visitors. There are cookies for logged in users and for commenters. For instance, cookies are useful in that you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on my site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on my site.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that I am not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. I encourage you to be aware when you leave my site to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.